Team Manager Legal & Compliance – Mercedes-Benz Sverige AB
Car sales and the automotive industry is into a big transformation. More people are leasing their cars and there is a trend towards a seamless integration between the digital world and physical dealerships. At Mercedes-Benz, we strive to be at the forefront of this transformation. We truly believe there need to be a full-fledge digital experience for our customers. At the same time, we want to create an amazing customer experience in the physical retail where customers can meet our Mercedes-Benz experts. These two areas will need to be integrated, and together with our iconic brand and products, we are creating a competitive advantage.
About the Position
As a team leader within Legal & Compliance at Mercedes-Benz, your primary responsibility will be to organize and steer the daily work of our cross-functional team, mainly focusing on our compliance programs as well as legal matters connected to all areas of business activities in Mercedes-Benz Sverige and Mercedes-Benz Danmark. The team consist of four people working as Senior Specialists Legal, two for the Swedish organization and one for the Danish, as well as one person working as Senior Specialist Data Compliance. You will be working with administrative tasks such as reporting, budget etc. while at the same time working together with the team to plan, structure and follow up work. In the position, there is also a lot of contact with the different business units that the team is working with, discussing legal and compliance topics relating to the businesses of distributing passenger cars, vans, trucks, after-sales services and other connected services.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be
Lead, motivate and develop the Legal & Compliance team, taking into consideration each employee’s ability and knowledge to achieve agreed contributions, and manage the team in terms of administrative tasks.
Coordinate the maintenance of an effective Compliance Management System for all relevant areas at the Mercedes-Benz Cars and Vans business unit at Mercedes-Benz Sverige AB and Mercedes-Benz Danmark A/S, and in the retail subsidiaries Mercedes-Benz Försäljnings AB and Mercedes-Benz CPH A/S in accordance with corporate requirements and local laws and regulations. Our compliance programs span anti-corruption and fraud, sanctions lists, anti-money laundering, antitrust and data protection.
This Includes Ensuring
- Compliance risk assessments, performance monitoring and reporting.
- support of the local management in assuming and executing its responsibility to implement and maintain an effective Compliance program at the unit level.
- Compliance and Integrity awareness at the unit level.
- obtaining support and collaboration from management and all employees.
- effective unit governance structures and procedures for compliance and integrity oversight and management.
- implementation and maintenance of clear standards of business and ethical conduct.
- implementation of risk based control procedures.
- ongoing, effective communications and training on compliance requirements, e.g. for internal stakeholders, external business partner
Manage all legal matters of Mercedes-Benz Sverige AB and Mercedes-Benz Danmark A/S and related legal entities in Sweden and Denmark.
- Provide proactive advice to management with regard to all relevant legal aspects.
- structure business models, draft and negotiate agreements with partners and other contract partners.
- monitor the development of applicable legal frameworks; arrange for required adaptations of the companies’ policies, processes, documents; continuously provide legal trainings for staff.
- coordinate significant legal matters with Daimler AG/Legal HQ and oversee outside counsel.
We believe that you have a Swedish law degree, and you have several years of relevant legal experience, either from a law firm or from an in-house position. You also have leadership experience. You should have a sound understanding of distribution models and various commercial agreements. Proven ability to solve problems in a global environment.
You have excellent people skills and are a true star when it comes to stakeholder management. You have a capability of prioritizing conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment in which you are able to create structure and order, and you should be comfortable in delivering output independently and on short deadlines. You have good analytical and learning skills. On top of this, you have high integrity and a good judgment.
You have excellent business English, and you are fluent in Swedish. Danish and German skills are a plus, but not required.
This is a full time position, located in Malmö with occasional travelling to other destinations, e.g. Denmark and Germany, foreseen.
How to apply?
Apply through the link below. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Magnus Hallberg, Recruitment consultant at Experis, 040 – 660 63 14 or Magnus.Hallberg@se.experis.com.
We do interviews continuously, and would therefore appreciate your application and CV as soon as possible.
We welcome your application!